I have some mixed feelings about this past week. On one hand, we are coming off a loss. Probably the suckiest loss I have been a part of since I’ve enrolled at Auburn. It was probably because we played great and no blame can be placed on any player or coach for this loss. It was our biggest win of the season ripped from us. On the other hand, Auburn is playing GREAT. If LSU is a top 5 team, then Auburn is definitely playing top 5 ball. On a neutral field, I’d take Auburn over any team in the nation right now (which I would probably still do even if Auburn were 0-8 right now).
The general reaction on the plains has been mostly depression mixed with anger… if that’s even possible. The emotional cycle that has been going on this week goes like so:
1) Remembrance: The worst part of the cycle. Just when you think you have forgotten about the weekend and had moved on with your life only to relive the moment that Les Miles escaped death… again. This phase is often brought about by something that slightly resembles the… ‘Incident.’ For instance, I was driving up Donahue and noticed a sign for “Gourmet Tiger”… WRITTEN IN PURPLE! After that blow to my mood, I had trouble driving faster than 5 miles per hour.
2) Anger: Comes about 45 seconds after the first phase. It’s hard to beat ourselves up for losing on a roll of the dice. This stage consists mostly of questioning the referee’s sexual orientation and Les Miles’ alliance with Satan.
3) Arrest: Vandalism, assault, tax fraud, you name it. You can’t be held responsible for your actions as a result of phase 2. Les Miles took unnecessary gambles and it worked out great for him, why not me?
4) Bail: This is where you find out who your true friends are.
5) Trying to forget: It’s hard, but at some point you gotta move on… or just try to think of something else. Hakuna Matata anyone?
6) Remembrance: Rinse and repeat.
So I’ve heard all the rumors about how classless and violent LSU fans are, and I’m here to clear up the rumors. LSU fans are just like Democrats and Republicans. Democrats and Republicans are 95% good people who are doing what they genuinely feel is best for this country, while the other 5% are idiots (Rednecks and Hippies). The same goes for LSU fans. 95% of the fans were great, they joked around with us, told us to have a safe trip home. Perfectly classy fans. Then there are the 5% that give LSU a bad name. We were contemplating taking the Auburn flags off our car to prevent anything from happening to our car. My logic was that we should not be any less fans just because LSU fans are supposed to be pricks. Well I was proven wrong. From yelling “Go home f#gg#t!” to the breaking the flags off my car, there were LSU fans out there that gave reason to the rumors. So in conclusion, a vast majority of LSU fans are great, classy fans, but the actions of the few tend to speak louder than the actions of the many… mostly those stupid freakin’ LSU children, quite possibly the most evil beings on this earth.
Which brings us to Ole Miss, whom should be a decent threat to Auburn since the Rebels have played outstandingly close games against Florida and Alabama, despite being written off as huge underdogs. Unfortunately though for the Rebs, Auburn will not be fancying such foolishness this weekend. The refs will reinstate the “mercy-rule” as Auburn wins this one by however many touchdowns Tubs deems necessary. Beating the crap out of Ole Miss won’t erase last weekend, but its still going to feel good. That’s it. War Eagle.